ROPS cab and FOPS level II
A safe working environment for the operator:
• Reinforced structure of the cab compliant with ROPS/FOPS requirements.
• Standard head protection approved to FOPS Level 2.
• Wide offering of optional front guards.
• Optional factory fitted travel alarm for greater safety on the job site around the machine
Safety-minded cab structure
Cab designed to create a perceptibly safe and secure working environment:
• Ample glazed surface.
• Rear and side view camera.
• Unique 178 mm LED monitor with continuous camera view.
• Efficient use of space with grouped engine, cooling and after-treatment systems to provide excellent rear visibility.
• Optional LED lighting package provides a deeper and wider visibility coverage of the area around the machine when working after dark.
Safe Access To Upper carriage
Solid and robust platform and handrails
• Wide, robust and comfortable steps for safe access to the top of the hood.
• Solid handrail for protection on the top of the hood.
• Non slip-plates and top hood cover are supported by 2 gas pistons and secured by 2 mechanical stops when open.
A wide platform (up to 60 cm) on top of the engine compartment to work safely on the engine box.
CASE stays grounded
• All filters and regular fill points are grouped for easy access.
• Engine oil change intervals set at 500 hours.
• Radiator and cooler cores mounted side by side for easy access for cleaning and more efficient cooling. Dust-proof net in front of the radiators is accessible from the ground.
• Standard 100 l/min refueling pump with automatic cut off reduces downtime for regular fills.
• Optional hydraulic and engine oil sampling port accessible at ground level for easy oil check.
• Battery Shutdown Switch for safe maintenance on the electrical system.
• All the D-series crawler excavators feature the Extended Maintenance System (EMS) bushings, providing 1,000 hour greasing intervals on all pins except the attachment linkage.